NEET PG 2022 dates NEET PG 2022 registration NEET PG 2022 form NEET PG 2022 postponement NEET PG 2022 eligibility criteria NEET PG 2022 syllabus NEET PG 2022 Exam
Medical Education is one of the most popular and most in-demand career choices among students throughout the country. Post the completion of Undergraduate education, a large number of candidates, for getting Master’s degree and greater knowledge in various medical fields, opt for pursuing Post-Graduate courses from various government and private universities, after competing in various examinations
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test – Post Graduate (NEET-PG) is one such examination through which tens of thousands of candidates compete which each other for getting admissions into Post-Graduate seats.
NEET PG 2022 Notification/Update
In line with the directions of the Supreme Court of India, The Union Health Ministry through the National Board of examination has postponed the NEET-PG examination 2022. Instead of being held on the previously scheduled and notified date i.e. 12 March 2022, now the NEET-PG examination 2022 would be held on 21 May 2022.
The National Board of Examination notified the revised date of NEET PG Examination 2022 on Friday, 4 February 2022. The reason behind such postponement of NEET PG Examination 2022 was the Supreme Court’s direction for such postponement while hearing a petition challenging the date previously scheduled for holding the exam.
The date was challenged as it was clashing with NEET UG 2021 Counselling, rendering many students interning to become ineligible for appearing in the exam.
NEET PG 2022 Quick Guide
|Exam Name||NEET PG|
|NEET PG Full Form||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test – Post Graduate|
|Name of Organizing Authority||National Board of Examinations (NBE)|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Frequency||Annual (Once a Year)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fees (General)||INR 4250/- (Online)|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours 30 Minutes|
|Mode of Counselling||Online/ Offline|
|Validity of NEET PG||For upcoming academic sessions only|
|Admissions for||Master of Surgery (MS) Doctor of Medicine (MD) PG Diploma Seats|
NEET PG Exam 2022
NEET PG, the short form for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test – Post Graduate is a national level entrance examination organized once every year in online mode for providing admissions into a variety of medical fields and PG courses in top universities all over the country.
The candidates have to satisfy the eligibility criteria of having an MBBS degree recognized by the Medical Council of India for sitting in this exam.
NEET PG 2022 Exam Date
The NEET PG 2022 exam is going to be held on May 21, 2022, While originally it was going to be held on March 12, 2022, the same has been postponed to May 21, 2022, because of the Supreme Court’s direction for going so. Such direction from the apex court came amid the petition challenging the previously decided date being filed in the court as it was colliding with NEET UG counseling schedules.
NEET PG Exam Fees 2022
The following is the application fee structure for NEET PG 2022 examination:
|Category||Exam Fee||GST||Total Fee|
|General and OBC||INR 4250||INR 765||INR 5015|
|SC/ ST||INR 3250||INR 585||INR 3835|
|PWD/ PH||INR 3250||INR 585||INR 3835|
NEET PG 2022 Application Form: How to fill?
The application form filling for NEET PG 2022 examination opens on January 15, 2022, and would close by March 25, 2022, as per the updated schedule of the organizing authority. The detailed process of applying for the NEET PG 2022 examination is as follows:
NEET PG 2022 Registration
- Visit the official website of the National Board of Examination at www.nbe.edu.in.
- Click on the ‘NEET PG’ section and find the application link.
- On the right-hand side, click on ‘New Registration’.
- Check the required checkboxes and press Submit.
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Enter the details asked for like Candidate’s Name, Date of Birth, Contact Number, Gender, Nationality, E-Mail id, etc.
- Click on Generate OTP
- Enter the OTP received on E-mail and Mobile Number.
- The User ID and Password would be generated and sent to the registered E-mail and Phone Number, which would be subsequently used for logging in to the account and filling up the application form.
H3 NEET PG Exam: Filling the Application Form
- Visit the official website and enter the credentials already generated and received to log into the account.
- The details entered during registration would appear in editable form and if there is any discrepancy, you can edit and correct it.
- Click on ‘Proceed’.
- Enter the details in the Application form, which include the Candidate’s details, qualifying exam details, academic details, Internship Details, and Medical Registration Details.
- Click on ‘Submit’.
NEET PG Exam: Uploading Images
- After entering all the required details in the previous steps, now you need to upload the scanned images of certain specified documents.
- These documents include:
- Scanned Copy of Passport Size Photograph
- Scanned Copy of Signature
- Scanned Copy of Left Thumb Impression
- After submission of all the documents, click on ‘Accept’ in the submission confirmation message that appears on the screen.
NEET PG Exam: Scheduling the Exam
- After uploading the documents, the candidates have to select the preferred date and time slot as well as the exam center preference.
- The allotment of slots and centers would be on a First Come First Serve basis.
NEET PG Exam: Application Fee Payment
- Post the selection of referred centers and time slot, the candidates have to move on to application fee payment.
- For General and OBC candidates, it is INR 5015 including GST and for SC/ ST/ PWD/ PH candidates, it is INR 3835 including GST.
- After making payment, the candidates may download and take a printout of the confirmation receipt.
- The payment can be made through multiple methods including Debit/ Credit cards, Net Banking, NEFT, E-Wallet, or UPI.
NEET PG 2022 Application Form Correction
In case there remain any discrepancies in the form filling, the candidates are provided by NBE with the facility of form correction and updating it within certain time limits specified. The window for correction for NEET PG 2022 exam would be open for one week from March 29, 2022, to April 7, 2022.
The details that can be corrected include Date of Birth, Category, Gender, PWD, and EWS status and non-rectifiable details include Name, Phone Number, E-mail Id, Test City, and Nationality.
NEET PG Counselling & its Process
The process of Counselling after the declaration of results would be conducted online. The process would begin with registration for such counseling rounds as well as submission of required documents. The procedure is as mentioned below:
- The candidates interested in counseling after passing the entrance test have to register themselves on the official website.
- For participating in NEET PG Counselling, the applicants have to pay a registration fee which can be paid through multiple modes online.
- In the next step, the applicants have to choose the preferred course and college from the list. They should also keep a copy of their choices for future use.
- The MCC would release NEET PG seat allotment result in PDF format based on their All India Ranks and choices filled.
- Applicants who are allotted seats will need to report to the allocated institute if they are satisfied and accept such allocation.
- If not satisfied, they can register for the next rounds.
NEET PG Counselling 2022
The counseling dates and schedule are yet to be announced by the authorities. The candidates are advised to keep a regular check on the official website, though as and when the counseling schedule and date would be released, the same would be updated here.
NEET PG 2022 Revised dates & Important Dates
|Application Form Filling Start||January 15, 2022|
|Application Form Filling End||March 25, 2022|
|Opening of Edit Window||March 29, 2022|
|Closing of Edit Window||April 7, 2022|
|Opening of Edit Window for rectifying incorrect images||April 26, 2022|
|Closing of Edit Window for rectifying incorrect images||April 30, 2022|
|Release of Admit Card||May 16, 2022|
|Date of Examination||May 21, 2022|
|Final Declaration of Result||By June 20|
|NEET PG Counselling||To be announced|
NEET PG 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The following is the eligibility criteria for appearing for NEET PG 2022 examination:
- Age Criteria
There is no upper or lower age limit specified by the conducting authority for appearing in the NEET PG 2022 examination. As such candidates of any age, holding an MBBS degree along with the compulsory internship certificate, are eligible for appearing for this exam.
- Academic Qualification
- Applicants must possess an MBBS degree or other certificate recognized by the Medical Council of India for applying to NEET PG.
- The candidates applying must have a valid degree and complete the internship by 31st March 2022.
- In addition to having a valid degree, the candidates also ought to have a valid Experience Certificate of 1 year.
NEET PG 2022 Syllabus
The subjects that are included in the NEET PG exam have to be in line with the Graduate Medical Education Regulations, issued by the Medical Council of India. The following is the syllabus of the NEET PG 2022 examination:
- Forensic Medicine
- Social and Preventive Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Radiodiagnosis and Radiotherapy
- Surgery, ENT, Orthopaedics, Anaesthesia
- Medicine Dermatology and Venereology
NEET PG Result 2022
The Results for NEET PG 2022 exam would be declared by the National Board of Examination by June 20, 2022. The result would reveal the qualifying status of the candidate and it would be released in the form of a scorecard. The result would also put forward the All India Rank, NEET PG Score, and Percentile of the candidate.
To view the result, the following are the steps involved:
- Visit the site, https://natboard.edu.in/
- Under The NBE results section, click ‘NEET PG’
- A pdf would open containing a link for viewing the result.
- Click on the links, enter the credentials and the results would open.
- You can download it as well as print it for future usage.
NEET PG 2022 Preparation
With only about 4 months left in the NEET PG 2022 examinations, the candidates must get serious regarding preparation. A lot of candidates face problems and confusion regarding how should they prepare most effectively. Below are mentioned some of the tips and tricks for the best preparation of the examination:
- Making a proper exam schedule and timetable.
- Practicing more and more Sample Papers and Mock Tests.
- Keeping Fear and Anxiety away.
- Making up the decision of pursuing the course as early as one can give an added advantage over others.
- Knowing and understanding the exam pattern and syllabus properly.
- Taking up coaching for better preparation or preparing on one’s own.
- Do not neglect health while preparing for the exam.
- Divide the topics and seek clarifications for the doubts as much as you can.
- Make notes and revise them as per proper routine.
NEET PG Exam Pattern
Before appearing for the NEET PG 2022 examination, it is necessary to know the changes in the exam pattern. The following is the exam pattern for NEET PG 2022 examination:
- The NEET PG Exam 2022 would be held in an online mode.
- The duration of the exam would be 3 Hours and 30 Minutes.
- The pattern of questions in the exam would be Multiple Choice I.e. Objective Questions.
- The language of the question paper would be English.
- There will be 200 questions, instead of the previous 300 questions, in total.
- For each correct answer, the candidate would get 4 marks and for every wrong answer, there would be a negative marking of 1 mark.
The subject-wise distribution of questions in the NEET PG 2022 Exam pattern is yet to be open. The same for the previous year is as follows:
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Social and Preventive Medicine||25|
|Medicine Dermatology and Venerology||37|
|Surgery, ENT, Orthopaedics & Anaesthesia||46|
|Radiodiagnosis and Radiotherapy||12|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||25|
NEET PG 2022 Admit Card
The Admit Card for NEET PG 2022 Examination would be issued and released to only those candidates who have successfully registered and applied for the exam. To access the admit cards once released, the following are the steps:
- Candidates who have successfully registered for the exam can visit the official website.
- Log into the Online NBE portal using the credentials i.e. username and password.
- The Admit card containing all the required and necessary details would be displayed and also available for download.
- The candidates should download the admit card and also take a printout of it, to take to the center on the day of examination.
- The candidates should also carry a valid ID proof along with the Admit Cards on the day of examination.
NEET PG 2022 Exam Centres
Last Year’s NEET PG Cut Off
To become eligible for the admission process, one has to ensure that one has scored at least the cut-off score. The Cut-offs for NEET-PG 2022 examination cut-offs would be released soon after the successful competition of the NEET PG exam.
To have a better idea about the cut-offs, have a look at the last year’s cut-offs required to get admission to required programs:
|Category||NEET PG 2021 Qualifying Percentile||NEET PG 2021 Cut off Scores (Out of 800)|
|General (Unreserved)||50th Percentile||302|
|SC/ ST/ OBC||40th Percentile||265|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR – PH)||45th Percentile||283|
|SC/ ST/OBC PH||40th Percentile||265|
NEET PG 2022 Qualifying Marks Criteria
In order to qualify for the NEET PG 2022 examinations, the following qualifying marks, as decided by the authority have to be met:
|SC/ ST/ OBC||40%|
|Person With Disabilities (PWD)||45%|
NEET PG 2022 Help Desk: Important Numbers
NEET PG Helpline Phone Number: 022-61087595
NEET PG Help Desk Toll-Free Number: 1800 267 4003
NEET PG Helpline E-Mail Id: [email protected]
NBE Helpline Phone Number: 0124- 6771700
NBE Help Desk Toll-Free Number: 1800 11 1700
NEET PG 2021 Scorecard
The candidates who have qualified for the entrance test and are included in the rank list can only download the NEET PG 2021 scorecard by entering the User Id and password. The scorecard contains all the details of the candidates like Name, Parents Name, Date of Birth, Category, Score, Correct and Incorrect answers, and rank in NEET PG.
The scorecard is necessary for an individual to carry during the admission and counseling process as it would be verified by the concerned authorities at that time.